Good production systems require that managers address three issues that are pervasive and fundamental to operations management.
- eliminate waste
- remove variability
- improve throughput
Lean production methods pioneered by Toyota in Japan summarise Lean Thinking into five key principles and show how these concepts can be extended beyond automotive production to any company or organisation, in any sector, in any country.
The five lean principles are
These principles are fundamental to the elimination of waste and together with proven techniques such as 5S, Kanban, JIT and many other best practice principles New House can support your journey towards World Class. Typical Questions you may ask ….
- Where do I start?
- Is there a road map that I can follow?
- What does Lean Thinking involve?
- Is it only applicable to the shop floor?
- Is it only for manufacturing firms?
To help answer these questions New House can bring in outside eyes for a fresh perspective to help you decide if
- going lean is for you
- develop an outline plan and
- point you in the right direction and
- provide practical help and facilitate the change proces